SafeGuardian Help Alert Wireless Home Medical Alarms and Help Alert Systems
Why Every Senior Needs a SafeGuardian Home Medical Alert & Home Alarm System
Among people 65 years and older, falls are the leading cause of injury deaths and the most common cause of non-fatal injuries and hospital admissions for trauma. Each year in the United States, nearly one third of older adults experience a fall.
IMPORTANT FACT: After a fall or other emergency, 90% of people who get help within one hour will continue independent living, but after 12 hours without help only 10% of people will continue to live at home. (New England Journal of Medicine). This means that those seniors who fall - and can get immediate assistance - have nine times the likelihood they will STAY living independent at home.
Never Feel Alone Again With a Wireless SafeGuardian Home Medical Alert & Alarm System!
Given the choice, most seniors (and folks with medical conditions or physical challenges) would prefer to live in their own homes and be as independent as possible. Unfortunately, living alone means there may not be anyone available to assist in times of routine personal needs - or critical medical emergencies.
Now, living safely and securely at home can be a reality. Family caregivers will also enjoy wonderful peace of mind knowing that their loved one can quickly and easily call for help if necessary.
CDC Report - Falls Among Older Adults
Each year, one in every three adults age 65 and older falls. Falls can cause moderate to severe injuries, such as hip fractures and head traumas, and can increase the risk of early death. Fortunately, falls are a public health problem that is largely preventable.
How Big Is The Problem:
- One out of three older adults (those aged 65 or older) falls each year but less than half talk to their healthcare providers about it.
- Among older adults, falls are the leading cause of both fatal and nonfatal injuries.
- In 2010, 2.3 million nonfatal fall injuries among older adults were treated in emergency departments and more than 662,000 of these patients were hospitalized.
- In 2010, the direct medical costs of falls, adjusted for inflation, was $30 billion.
What Outcomes Are Linked To Falls:
- People age 75 and older who fall are four to five times more likely than those age 65 to 74 to be admitted to a long-term care facility for a year or longer.
- Rates of fall-related fractures among older women are more than twice those for men.
- Over 95% of hip fractures are caused by falls.15 In 2010, there were 258,000 hip fractures and the rate for women was almost twice the rate for men.
- White women have significantly higher hip fracture rates than black women.
Live Safe & Secure At Home For Many Extra Years...
Satisfied subscribers report that a SafeGuardian™ Wireless Home Medical Alert and Alarm System has added many extra years of happy and independent living at home for an aging family member living alone.
Family caregivers gain valuable peace of mind knowing that an older family member now has access to immediate help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Best of all, they know they will be contacted IMMEDIATELY if there is an emergency of any type.
The Best Dollar You'll Ever Spend For Your Loved One...
A SafeGuardian™ Wireless Home Medical Alert and Alarm System - for only about $1/day - may be the wisest healthcare investment you will ever make for an aging family member or loved one.